Well, back after a long time. There were lots of changes and pressures both on the personal and official front and hence I didn’t have time to visit other blogs or put a new post. Anyway let me get to the content of the post.
Though life is full of ups and downs, I feel that the positive happenings outweigh the negative ones so that we would not totally get dejected with life when we are faced with difficult moments. It also depends on the attitude with which we perceive things. To support my views I am putting down a few things that happened to me recently.
My mom had a benign tumour in the chest way back in 1997. It was removed and they said that there is very minimal chance of it recurring. However, just when we had settled back after a wonderful trip, my mom had doubts that she had the tumour again. We consulted the doctor who asked us to take a series of tests. Finally, we went to obtain the results of a deciding test called FNAC. We got the result and was waiting to see the doctor who was on rounds. I just wanted to know what is the meaning of “Inflammatory Ductal Carcinoma” which was mentioned in the test result. So I called my friend whose father is a doctor. She said she’ll ask him and let me know. She called sometime later and the first sentence she started with was “Nee romba dhyriamaa irukanum, onga ammakum appakum nee thaan dhyriam sollanum, it is cancer in a very advanced stage”. I was shell shocked. I was with my mother. My father had gone to office. We hadn’t expected it to be so serious. I immediately called my father and informed him. He asked me to consult the doctor and let him know so that, if required, he could come. We waited for the doctor in silence. I couldn’t bring up myself to tell my mother what I heard. When we went to see the doctor, he heard my mother’s past records and went through all the test results patiently except the FNAC test. He talked as if she’s got nothing serious and it is 99% curable. I was confused. Then I saw that he hadn’t seen this test result. When I showed him, he got confused. He called the attender and asked them to change the wording to “Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma” instead of the earlier one. It seems it was a typo error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also patiently explained to us that my mother has breast cancer but it is in the initial stages and it can be cured. I was soooooooooooooo relieved. There are no words to explain how I felt at that moment. That initial shock which boiled down to almost nothing made me withstand strongly throughout her operation and the radiation therapy that she underwent. Now she is fine(undergoing radiation for few weeks but is also going to the office and is able to do routine work at home). Though the typo error was toooooo much, it helped us realize that we are so lucky enough not to have undergone terrible pain and sorrow!!!
Just after my mom was discharged, a very pleasant surprise awaited her. Her very own daughter(me the great only) who was standing on one leg(:-p) saying no to marriage whenever the topic was being discussed, brought an alliance through an office colleague. All the necessary procedure was followed at jet speed from both sides and now I am engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this happened within a span of one month. I wanted to go on an onsite assignment before my marriage. My mom kept telling that I should get engaged atleast before going abroad and both our wishes are fulfilled. Again a bad phase was followed by a very bright phase which made us almost forget the bad phase that we went through. Thanks to Lord Anjaneya for being with us through all this.
Similarly my cousin was terminated from the office he had been working for years together for the fault of his subordinates (he was not involved in it). It would have been fatal since he might not have been able to apply for any job. However just two days back he got the experience certificate after so much ordeal though his subordinates didn’t get it. He is now able to apply to other jobs. Though losing a job is a bad thing, he can apply for a better post at a good company. The company he was working for was a small one and anyway he wanted a better job. Now this will force him to try for a better job which is again a good thing. All these happenings made me practically realize the 90-10 principle which many of you would’ve received as forwards through email.
Though life is full of ups and downs, I feel that the positive happenings outweigh the negative ones so that we would not totally get dejected with life when we are faced with difficult moments. It also depends on the attitude with which we perceive things. To support my views I am putting down a few things that happened to me recently.
My mom had a benign tumour in the chest way back in 1997. It was removed and they said that there is very minimal chance of it recurring. However, just when we had settled back after a wonderful trip, my mom had doubts that she had the tumour again. We consulted the doctor who asked us to take a series of tests. Finally, we went to obtain the results of a deciding test called FNAC. We got the result and was waiting to see the doctor who was on rounds. I just wanted to know what is the meaning of “Inflammatory Ductal Carcinoma” which was mentioned in the test result. So I called my friend whose father is a doctor. She said she’ll ask him and let me know. She called sometime later and the first sentence she started with was “Nee romba dhyriamaa irukanum, onga ammakum appakum nee thaan dhyriam sollanum, it is cancer in a very advanced stage”. I was shell shocked. I was with my mother. My father had gone to office. We hadn’t expected it to be so serious. I immediately called my father and informed him. He asked me to consult the doctor and let him know so that, if required, he could come. We waited for the doctor in silence. I couldn’t bring up myself to tell my mother what I heard. When we went to see the doctor, he heard my mother’s past records and went through all the test results patiently except the FNAC test. He talked as if she’s got nothing serious and it is 99% curable. I was confused. Then I saw that he hadn’t seen this test result. When I showed him, he got confused. He called the attender and asked them to change the wording to “Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma” instead of the earlier one. It seems it was a typo error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also patiently explained to us that my mother has breast cancer but it is in the initial stages and it can be cured. I was soooooooooooooo relieved. There are no words to explain how I felt at that moment. That initial shock which boiled down to almost nothing made me withstand strongly throughout her operation and the radiation therapy that she underwent. Now she is fine(undergoing radiation for few weeks but is also going to the office and is able to do routine work at home). Though the typo error was toooooo much, it helped us realize that we are so lucky enough not to have undergone terrible pain and sorrow!!!
Just after my mom was discharged, a very pleasant surprise awaited her. Her very own daughter(me the great only) who was standing on one leg(:-p) saying no to marriage whenever the topic was being discussed, brought an alliance through an office colleague. All the necessary procedure was followed at jet speed from both sides and now I am engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All this happened within a span of one month. I wanted to go on an onsite assignment before my marriage. My mom kept telling that I should get engaged atleast before going abroad and both our wishes are fulfilled. Again a bad phase was followed by a very bright phase which made us almost forget the bad phase that we went through. Thanks to Lord Anjaneya for being with us through all this.
Similarly my cousin was terminated from the office he had been working for years together for the fault of his subordinates (he was not involved in it). It would have been fatal since he might not have been able to apply for any job. However just two days back he got the experience certificate after so much ordeal though his subordinates didn’t get it. He is now able to apply to other jobs. Though losing a job is a bad thing, he can apply for a better post at a good company. The company he was working for was a small one and anyway he wanted a better job. Now this will force him to try for a better job which is again a good thing. All these happenings made me practically realize the 90-10 principle which many of you would’ve received as forwards through email.
32 comments:
i'm so happy to know that your mom is completely alright. ella pugazhum anjeneyaruke! :)
//brought an alliance through an office colleague. All the necessary procedure was followed at jet speed from both sides and now I am engaged//
ROTFL :) congrats Ms.C.
who is that lucky Guy..? :p
Congrats Ms.C... :))
hey first and fore most congrats on yr engagement and madam unga aathukaararaa nekku romba nalla teriyum......
10th and 11th December vere entha nallathum natakalaiya? sari parpom
Congratulations dear!Wish you all the happiness in the world.
I pray for your Mom's health.take care.
naama dhaan firsta? Post romba chinnadha irukardhunaala aproma vandhu padikiraen! :D
ambi,
Thanks :-)
//who is that lucky Guy..?//
Thanks again for considering the guy lucky :-p
viji,
Thank u :-)
shuba,
Appdiya, romba sandhosham :-)
TRC sir,
Anjaneyar punniyathula neriyaa nalladhu nadandhudhu :-D
skm,
Thanks a lot!!! :-)
karthik b.s,
porumaiyaa post padichitu comment pannunga :-)
Vanakkam Guru,
Congratulations :))
hey ms.C !
congratulations on ur engagement !
y not post a blog abt ur LUCKY GUY ! - "My lucky guy n I" ;-)
aaha.... vaazhthukkal :-) nxt step-kku ready aagitteenga.... very gud!!
n I pray for ur mom's speedy recovery :-)
Congratulations!!!
CONGRATS Mam!!
kalakunga :)
//Thanks again for considering the guy lucky// - Nethii adi :))))
gopalan,
Thanks :-D
gs,
ezhudhalaame :-D
kuttichuvaru,
Mikka nandri :-D
syam,
Thank u :-)
dubukku anna,
Thank u very much :-D
Happy Married Life Ma'am! Congrats to the lucky guy too ;-)
- Deeksh
aaamaa!over scene vidradhu udambukku aagadhu nu unga avar kitta solla koodadha?--SKM
Hey! Congratulations for another wonderful new beginning! May u have happy times together... and wishes for ur mother's speedy recovery :)
hmmm...Veetukku veedu vasapadi....
By the way, congrats for your marriage...
I am sure that will mum will fight back to bring up your kids...
i know how it is to get ur loved one back- mother and from cancer! anubavam than. wishes to you. anda colleague peru address konjam solla mudiungla manni... illing tappa onnum illing chumma ooruku sevai seiya thaan ketten :)
Congrats.. My best wishes for your marriage...
YesRK
deekshanya,
Thank u very much :-)
//Congrats to the lucky guy too//
Idhuvum jus kiddin' aa illa serious aava? :-p
SKM,
hee hee hee!!Avar enna scene vittaar(innocently asking) :-p
prithz,
Thanks a lot!!!! :-)
krk,
Thank u very much!! :-D Ongaluku all the best..koodiya seekarom good news sollunga :-p
Porkodi,
Adhellaam edhuku maa?Neenga thaan nalla onga Shri Ramar oda settle aagiteengale :-p Congratulations again!! :-D
YesRK,
Thank u very much!! :-D
So glad 2 note that ur mom doesnt have cancer. God bless her!
And congrats on ur engagement! gr8 going! Goodluck 4 ur wedding. :)
congrats on ur engagement :)
It seems it was a typo error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god these doctors do all nonsense nowadays... leave tools inside humans when they r operating... thank god for ur mom :)
first time here..
Congrats on your engagement :)
Pass on my wishes to the lucky guy too :)
typo error was actually unbelievable... this is heights... Glad to hear that ur mom is recovering.. I wish her a very speedy recovery.
-Arun
eh.. congratulations and all the best..
hello manni same dialogue nanum solla mudium, gnabagam vechukonga!! srirama srirama!! :))
apram avar enna scene pottara????? yappa saaami alwa kelvi patrukken, irundalum idu romba tooooooo much!
has to be me,
Thank u :-)
smiley,
Thanks and yaa I am relieved for my mother. In my case the typo error was made by the attendant who typed out the report
arunkumar,
Welcome here and Thanks a lot :-)
delhi_tamilan,
Thanks :-)
Porkodi,
//same dialogue nanum solla mudium//
adhuku innum koncham naal iruku :-p
//alwa kelvi patrukken, irundalum idu romba tooooooo much//
hee hee hee!!En ooru(alwa) mariyaadhaiya kaapaatha vendaama :-p
very interesting dialogues between you and porkodi.
Wish you a safe journey and a very happy newyear.I wish you a year full of happiness, celebrations , Love and smiles.Happy 2007 Ms.C.
--SKM
Hi Ms...Wishing You a Very Happy & Prosperous New Year :)
hey!! vaazthukkal for your engagement/marriage. when is ur marriage??
god is always with us Ms.C. 'nadappadhellam nanmaikke' and 'idhuvum kadandhu pogum' are my phil of taking life. :-)
hi, eppadi irrukeeeenga,
Vaazhuthukal on ur engagment...
ellamey nallathuku thaaan..be happy.
"Wish u a Happy New Year 2007".
Wish you a great New Year!!!
skm,
Thanks a lot :-) wish u wish u a very HAPPY NEW YEAR AHEAD!! :-)
bharani,
Thanks and wish u a very HAPPY NEW YEAR AHEAD!! :-)
shree,
my marriage is in May :-)
//god is always with us Ms.C. 'nadappadhellam nanmaikke' and 'idhuvum kadandhu pogum' are my phil of taking life//
Very true :-)
sachingops,
Thanks and wish u a very HAPPY NEW YEAR AHEAD!! :-)
syam,
Thanks and wish u a very HAPPY NEW YEAR AHEAD!! :-)
Post a Comment