Sunday, April 22, 2007

Beautiful!!!!

6 things that are beautiful according to me:
1. Motherhood:
I have taken a lot of things for granted since I was the only child for my parents. Lately I've started realizing a lot of things that my mom has sacrificed for me. This realization basically was due to the fact that I was far away from my parents for a whole three and half months(this has never happened before). Also I saw a lot of my colleagues there with small kids. I could see how difficult it is to raise a baby. There are so many intricate things that you need to take care. For the initial few years the babies keep the mother continuously busy. It is a difficult job and as one of colleague's wife stated that it is a job where u get no leave even if you are sick. Still the way the mothers handle the kids with so much care, love and affection without complaining about anything is the most beautiful thing in this world according to me.

2. My father's care and humble behaviour:
Since both my parents were working, it would have been difficult for my mother if she were to do all the household work also alone. But my father was so understanding and caring that he would help her with all the household work right from cleaning the house, washing clothes and utensils and sometimes even cooking. Apart from this all the outside jobs will also be handled by him. He also has no airs about him though he is at the officer level. He doesn't hesitate to do any kind of job as long as the job gets completed. My mom underwent 4 operations till now. None of my relatives were there to help out. My father was the one who did everything singlehandedly(taking care of both my mother and me) for the first three and I helped out for the fourth one. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful father.

3. My Rangamani-Best thing that has ever happened to me :) :
I see a duplicate version of my father in him sometimes which makes me feel all the more luckier. Though I speak out angrily sometimes in haste and at times a bit stubborn, he remains calm until I cool down and then makes me realize my mistake. When he had come to receive me, my parents, him and I had gone for shopping. He had also come to my place. He had mingled so well with my parents without any hesitation and never felt uncomfortable at any point of time. SKM akka keeps saying that some guys would understand what a girl needs only if explicitly told but some will understand with just a hint.Ambi is of the second type and you are so lucky to have him is what she says. I can feel it too.

4. Small babies:

They are sooooooooooooooo cute. Their soft and pink feet,chubby cheeks and the innocent smile are a treat to feel and watch.I love to hold the babies with their small hands holding on to me. When I was at Ann Arbor I used to play with my PM's 5 month old kid. It was just wonderful. I'd get excited if I make him smile through my antics. Once I took him to my room and was playing with him for around 15min, made him sleep and gave him back. I just can't forget that. The way he used to look around at new things with his big eyes, the way he used to hold the objects given to him, the way he smiled and they way he spoke a language which he alone will understand :p. I can just go on like this and I'll never get tired of it. There was another seven month old baby at a client's house.She was also a treat to watch.


5. Girls wearing sarees:
Whatever modern dresses might be there, when a girl wears the traditional saree, there is something very beautiful about it and I love admiring it at functions and other occasions.

6. Sundara Gaandam:
As the name suggests, though I've stated it at the last, it is one of the most beautiful things that I've ever known. I've put a separate post on it earlier and hence I don't have to detail everything here. Every aspect of Sundara Gaandam, be it the way Hanumar crosses the ocean to reach Lanka, be it the search made in the moonlight, be it the description of Lanka, its palaces and the moonlight, be it the description of Sita and her purity, be it the way Hanumar builds confidence in Sita that he is Rama's messenger, be it the description of Sita's reaction on seeing the ring from Rama, be it the description of Hanumar's thought process and be it the way Hanumar finds out the strength of the opposition and be it the way he describes the meeting of Sita to Rama and Rama's reaction to it, all are very beautifully portrayed. Thanks to my father from whom I got the habit of reading it.

Porkodi, nee kudukara homework ellaam chamathaa mudichitruken paaru :)

18 comments:

MyFriend said...

me the firstuuu?????

MyFriend said...

annanum anniyum azagu post aduththaduthu poduvathum azhagE! :-)

MyFriend said...

Your father is great! some fathers do not give hand in doing house work. antha vazhiyile ungga ammavum neenggalum koduththu vachchavangga..

(pst: ambi anna, unggalai paththi perumaiyaa solliyaachu.. konjam sweets anuppi vachchidungga. ok?)

SKM said...

arumai aaru.Kalyana busy_laeyum neenga rendu perum sincere a post podreenga.(sari,sari ,puriyudhu..Kalyanam aana piragu poda mattomnu sollreenga.Adhuvum saridhaan.;)

SKM said...

//I can just go on like this and I'll never get tired of it. //
ok, ok, purinju pochu.First wedding Anniversary ku unga veetula "kuva kuva " satham kaetkum nu sollreenga.

SKM said...

//SKM akka..... so lucky to have him is what she says. I can feel it too.//

romba Nalla vishyam.Sandhoshama irukku.Aana oru ROSE ku ivalo mayangina sari illa.;)

Aana yedhukku eduthalum yen per edhukku izhukireenga. I have to be really careful with you.

ambi said...

@Ms.C, about our Dad it's 100% true. He is a gem of a person. :)


//For the initial few years the babies keep the mother continuously busy. //

LOL, afterwards wife keep their husbands busy in cooking, washing etc. :)

//First wedding Anniversary ku unga veetula "kuva kuva " satham kaetkum nu sollreenga//

@SKM, yekka, point eduthu kuduthathuku danksu! :)

//ambi anna, unggalai paththi perumaiyaa solliyaachu.. konjam sweets anuppi vachchidungga. ok?) //
@my friend, neeye sweetana sister thaane? he hee :p

Anonymous said...

hehehe kalyanam mudiyara varai ezhuda maatinga nu nenachen! nijamave chamathu thaan :-)

innum padikkala inga sila gundugal vedikkradhala! konja nerathula vandhu correct panren ;-)

-porkodi

Padma said...

Off course kozhandahigal romba azha gu than. adhunga pesa arambicha aprum anda mazhalyum azhagu than:)..

Porkodi (பொற்கொடி) said...

hmmmmmm... ungappa super person:)
1,3,4 moonu pointsayum paatha enakku sirippu thaanga mudiavillai villai illai :D ambi, pointa note pannindingla?? ;-)

பாரதிய நவீன இளவரசன் said...

read your blog and your comments on Oosai Sella's blog...

your writing style is very good. I like it. If you have tamil fonts, please try to blog in Thamizh... i am sure it would be great (Thanglish kooda thappillaithaan, but padikkarathukku koncham kashatamaaga irukku and takes some time to get what you say).

mgnithi said...

//3. My Rangamani-Best thing that has ever happened to me :) : //

neengalum ambiyum munnadiye intha tag eppadi ezhutharathunu discuss panniteengala :-)

mgnithi said...

//Whatever modern dresses might be there, when a girl wears the traditional saree, there is something very beautiful about it and I love admiring it at functions and other occasions.
//

he... he... i second it.

Anonymous said...

//1,3,4 moonu pointsayum paatha enakku sirippu thaanga mudiavillai villai illai :D ambi, pointa note pannindingla??//

@kodi, un villa thanatha enkittaye kaaturiyaa? :) i also noted. :)

Anonymous said...

ambi,villain irundha thaan hero ku madhippe ;-) naan illana neenga dummy agiduveenga :D

-porkodi

Harish said...

That was cute :D

Swamy Srinivasan aka Kittu Mama said...

hi Ms.C, First time visiting ur blog :)
Point 3, ambi solli koduthu ezhudha sonnara, oru bouquet kku ippadi mayangiteengale :)
varisayya, amma,appa,ambi, baby nnu ezhudhi irukeenga ? easyya pointa soliteenga ..
Best wishes for u and ambi for a lovely future of togetherness !
-Kittu maam(i)

Ms Congeniality said...

my friend,
Thanks a lot :) and yes both my mother and I are lucky :)

skm akka,
romba pesareenga..inga vandha approm gavanichikaren :)

ambi,
//LOL, afterwards wife keep their husbands busy in cooking, washing etc. :)//

perfect :p

porkodi,
nalla tag so ezhudhanum nu thonichi :)

padma,
very true :)

bharateeyamodernprince,
Will try to post in tamil sometime :)

mgnithi,
Munnadi discuss laam panla but post pota approm padika sollradhu vazhakkam :)

harish,
Thanks :)

Kittu maam(i),
Thanks a lot :)