Seminar, session, presentation ... indha vaarthai ellam enaku nu kettaale podhum ... "manasukulle bayam vandhucha ? vandhallo vandhallo"
college le lam eppavachum seminar eduka vendi varum .... (adikadi vara maadhiri naanga vechika maattom le ! ;-) ). but appolam veliya bayame illadha maadhiri eduka try pannanalum(succeed aanalum), ullukulle bayam ingeyum angeyum poondhu velayadum ...
but office vandhadhuku aprom, adhuvum oru moonu naalu presentation kaprom ippo dhaan thonudhu - over coming this stage fear, rather public-speaking fear, though may seem to be very difficult or impossible , is not really that difficult ....
ppl who r already gr8 speakers, I do not know how u would feel abt this post .... but this is how i feel ...
today i had to give a presentation on a technical topic ...
'cos of this very fear of having to deliver a session to an audience of 13-15 made me not do so many of my love-to-do activities .... I would spend a lot of time thinking abt how bad a scene it would be if I mess up the session ???!!!
but as i was becoming technically more knowledgeable about the topic, I felt some confidence build up .... it did last for a long time .... but jus the day before the presentation, ie yesterday, I do know where all that confidence vanished ?! I suddenly started feeling as though I had not prepared enough & was gonna mess up .... I went home in the same state of mind .... full of tension....
early this morning , I realized ther's no point worrying .... & that the best way out of this thing was through it - i just had to do the presentation well..... was it that difficult a job ???
I put in some more ppt slides that i had kept pending .... did a good amt of practising just like how i would have to present in the session.... believe me , at the end of the practice, I felt the whole world's confidence in me !!!
idhe mood le office ponen .... pona odane paatha ... oru assessment review ku en manager kooptaru ... i'm sure this is the best ever interaction i've ever had with my manager ! I felt myself so optimistic, positive, confident and all the positives possible on earth ! i'm sure the scene would hav been so different without that practice session in the morning ....
but this "gethu" feeling dint last long .... :(
after some time , wen i was discussing the presentation topic with my tech lead, he asked me a doubt abt which i had no clue at all ..... i felt sick ! back to square 1 ! i fell into the same mood that i was in last nite ....
after some analysis of that doubt, i realized that it was not a big deal ... but then it had already flattenned my enthu & confidence .... I had to do something to change the situation , else i knew i would do a flop show ................
Hmmm.... I spent about 15 minutes in solitude .... talking to my myself .... telling myself all the good things ..... explaining to myself how easy the job was ..... how i knew almost everything about it .... how ignorant the ppl attending the session would be abt the topic .... what good a feeling it would bring to me if i did the show well ... worst case - enna thalaya seeviduvaanga ?!
My self-motivation did work out ! I did end up boosting up my morale !
The best part was when the ppt file that i had prepared dint open up from the system in the presentation room ! :-O
so i was asked to give a white board presentation - for which i was least prepared .....
but i did manage the show very well with some help from my tech lead ....
the show went on smooth ! very smooth ! I could feel that i was relaxed .... & the audience were also interacting, which meant they did pay attention & also understood the stuff !
Today I kinda saw a practical example of "You are, what you think you are" ! :-)
13 comments:
nice to hear tat things went fine!!
oru vishayam notice pannen... saathaaranamaa thanglish-la type pannittu irunthuttu, wenevr u get into the topic of the presentation, english-kku jump aagidareenga!! y so??
>>worst case - enna thalaya seeviduvaanga ?!
idhu theliva therincha podhum IMHO..alla presentationum smootha pogum.
kuttichuvaru,
hmmm naanum notice panninen .... therila thaana varudhu ! :-)
prabu karthik,
ya thats 100% true. but wats IMHO ??
Good amount of experience you got..Keep working on it...Who knows one day you can also be a Zig Zagler or Shiv Khera...
"If you think, You can"
Yes bharani,
I will surely work on improving it ... thank u 4 ur wishes !
nice post.I hope, this will help me in the near future.coz enakkum stage fear romba undu
Good one..One of my professors used to advise me..that b4 giving a presentaion jus imagine that u r the most knowledgeable person on earth and the ones sitting b4 u know nuthg abt the topic u r going to present.Then ur confidence would boost to its heights.Bcoz the things which u can normally do well will go for a flop when u r tensed.But if u r relaxed u can even samalichify the situation even if u have no idea abt.
If u cant do then who else!!
jus have this in mind and see the magic u can conquer all the stage presentations.
All the Best for future and congrats for ur Good presentaion.
luv,
vids
Thankx,
Lucky that i read this before my presentation to my CEO this weekend.
Kalukuvana? Papom.
adada...neengalum enna maadhiri thaanaa??...
As anonymous said, I wont get tensed if I take classes for freshers. But defintely for experinced fellows ;-)
bharath,
Thanks & surely try out the self-motivation stuff ... no doubt,It WILL WORK for u too ! Good luck !
Anonymous(Vids)
Thank you... ur prof is cent percent rite ! i have the second part of the presentation this week, i'll keep u guys updated if my self- motivation stuff works this time too ... I'm sure it would 'cos i feel once u do it well... u jus cant do it the other way :-)
ganesh ram,
kalako kalakunu kalakitu vaanga ! do tell us abt ur experience presenting b4 ur CEO.
Hi balag,
yeah, same kuttai same mattai only !
innonu thonuchu, indha presentation ellame acting maadhiri dhaan ... we jus gotta imagine that we are playing the role of a person who's got excellent presentation skills :-)
Done ra
presentation mutinchutu.He gave very nice comments.
We are a new horse in the race
Lets C .
oh gr8 ganesh ram ! hmmm good ! :-)
Post a Comment