Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The "SHOCK" effect!!

"oooooooooooooooooo""sssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh" "jal jal jal"(salangai satham)well..I was trying to reproduce some of the sound effects usually found in some tamil horror movies.I used to make fun of them.I never used to get frightened by those movies....until I watched "SHOCK"!!!!!!! I watched it in Sathyam theatre with Dolby Digital sound effects. That made the difference.Even the sound of a door bell was eerie!!There is one scene where meena sits in a sofa watching T.V and suddenly she sees a ghost in the mirror adjacent to the t.v!!Oh my god!!To create the effect in that situation there was a very strange,mysterious,wierd and frightening sound.My heart skipped a beat for a moment.Lots of such similar situations-meena seeing the ghost at the beach and at the theatre and killing the watchman.. Thoughout the movie I was holding my friend's hand so firmly that her hands became numb!!! Though, except meena, all the others were acting in the movie so unnaturally, the sound effects frightened me soooooooo much and made me sooooo uneasy that when I closed my eyes in the night to get some sleep,I saw meena in different kind of "pei" getups in front of me!!!!! I got up immediately and looked around like a child lost in a crowd!!I took the Bhagavad Gita book,kept it near my pillow and tried to close my eyes..I felt I could still hear those eerie sounds and was very restless changing my posture every now and then.For the first time in my life I felt frightened to stay and sleep alone. Quietly I went to my parents room and lied down beside my mom hugging her tightly.Lo and behold!!! When I woke up it was 6.30 A.M...time to get up and get ready for my college..I was so relieved!!After that I've not watched a single horror movie, not even the "Jaganmohini" kind of films on TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very natural, down to earth writing from the heart! the writer still has the kid in her mind just alive. I thank osai chella for highlighting this blog in thenkoodu.

i thorougly enjoyed reading this
:-) bala